Wednesday 14 March 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Stitch, stitch, stitch...

I seem to be getting back into textiling more and more lately... I have done alot less painting, but my sewing machine is getting a hammering!!  I've been taking part in a few swaps on stitchin fingers , and this is what I've been working on for the Spring Fabric Postcard swap

It's collaged fabrics and plastics over felt, with ribbon flowers. It was great fun, I love building up with materials, coloured threads and different stitches... each new layer can dictate a new direction and look. I work alot with ribbon, but not like this- I might have to do some more!!

This pair are for the March challenge- Architecture. I love stained glass panels and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to play with the idea. I also love Tiffany and Macintosh, but didn't feel up to such intricate designs... so I chose a star shape and worked out from that, utterly random and intuitive.

As always I work a large panel so I have some left over, and cut the chosen areas from it. I bound these with ribbon to match the scheme and finish the look. I added angelina in places to give an extra bit of sparkle reflecting the light like real glass panels.

I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as I've enjoyed creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Sorry to add the verification box- I hate them so... but I've been getting alot of spam messages lately! Hopefully I'll be able to remove it in a while.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...