Monday 13 February 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Seed Journaling again...

What with all the yucky weather and ice outside I decided Sunday was a day for catching up in my seed journal. I hadn't been working in any particular order, but I had drawn and inked out my sketch for "Vessel" last week so that needed finishing. I'm staying with the same materials for the time being- a novelty for me, who's usually flitting between projects to vary my addiction, so again I'm using acrylic inks and technical pens. I'm also staying with a limited palette to emphasise the theme of seeds/ nature, although I may use one new colour in each spread.
This is "Vessel" completed...



I also chose to do the "S" words prompt
I spent some time thinking about seeds, growth, how it all relates to my life and made a list of appropriate words. I wanted to work in a precise way rather than just plop words over the page, so I began with a central seed, and created radials  to separate the words. After that it was all impromptu, choose a word and find a relevant visual symbol to accent it...
I used the same materials and colours as before, but with alot more emphasis on contrasts and shapes rather than natural shading...


Four more spreads and I'm up to date... yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Sorry to add the verification box- I hate them so... but I've been getting alot of spam messages lately! Hopefully I'll be able to remove it in a while.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...